Welcome

Here at the Guerrilla Guide to Music Technology I want to make a safe haven for those of us who want to know about the fascinating devices and techniques that make up this diverse area, without making people feel small or stupid for not knowing something. I used to not know stuff until somebody taught me, now I aim to make everything clear without patronising anyone. Nobody knows everything, including me so if you find something that you think that everyone can benefit from then do tell us, we will appreciate it.

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Hello everyone, how are you all doing. It has been great to see so many of you visiting, I hope this is helping some of you, I hope the rest of you approve of what we are doing here.

The News

Part 2 of the mixer tutorial is here.

I have had this idea for a long time that I would like to make recycled guitar plectrums out of vinyl records that are no longer of any use to stop them being sent to landfill, and i have succeeded. www.mixpicks.info is my new site and I am proud to say that I have now got a viable product to sell that has been getting great feedback. The site went live yesterday so please be kind, it is not quite finished. I do however have a limited time offer for reduced rates for my first customers so please email me if you are interested in buying some of my lovely picks.


Christian Tutt is a good friend of mine and he has just produced a cool website too. Tutters has played in quite a few local bands around the kent area, and now you can see exactly who they were and when. Christians World is the place that you can find the Sounds, pictures and videos for this exciting musician and the bands that he has been in, alongside his own solo works.

I have recently discovered that the music shop on Folkestones old high street offers student discounts on all their stuff. So if you are at college or university and you know a musician, or indeed are one, then this is going to be the place to do your christmas shopping, isnt it? The shop is called Plectrums, Pens and Paints so if you are a student and you want 10% off of a new guitar...happy days. If you are nowhere near folkestone there is nothing to worry about, they sell online as well as in store. Along with all this, they sell Mix Picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment