Welcome

Here at the Guerrilla Guide to Music Technology I want to make a safe haven for those of us who want to know about the fascinating devices and techniques that make up this diverse area, without making people feel small or stupid for not knowing something. I used to not know stuff until somebody taught me, now I aim to make everything clear without patronising anyone. Nobody knows everything, including me so if you find something that you think that everyone can benefit from then do tell us, we will appreciate it.

Sunday, 21 October 2012

I want to share some cool stuff with everyone. Allow me to introduce myself, I am the guy who handed you a screwdriver when you really needed it at that gig where your effects pedal broke once. I am the fellow who stopped the feedback at the pub quiz when old Mavis was getting upset.

Obviously the probability is that you were unaware of both of those incidents but I would bet that if you have ever been reliant on electronic music equipment you have wanted it to do more, or it has died and you need it fixed. Maybe you need a place to ask questions about something technical that has flummoxed you.

What I mean is that I want to share some stuff that I have picked up over the years that might come in useful to anyone learning about music tech. I include myself in this category and so do the wisest sound guys that I know. There is always something to learn and if you have anything that you think is relevant then I would love to hear about it. Welcome to 'The Guerilla Guide to Music Technology'.

 So, first I will share some articles that I have written.

How to Wind a Guitar Pickup

How To Organise a Gig

PA System Basics

Use Your Computer to Record Your Music part 1

Use Your Computer to Record Your Music part 2

Use Your Computer to Record Your Music part 3

Use Your Computer to Record Your Music part 4


Want to see me in action? here is a video.



So welcome to my blog, I hope it helps you out. I welcome questions so don't be shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment